Website https://www.welthungerhilfe.org/ @ Welthungerhilfe Welthungerhilfe
Welthungerhilfe is a German non-denominational and politically independent non-profit and non-governmental aid agency working in the fields of development cooperation and emergency aid
Position title: Security Guard
Number of vacant positions: 2
Duty Station: Hargeisa office
Type of appointment: Temporary.
End of the appointment: 31st December 2019 (with the possibility of extension)
Welthungerhilfe is a non-profit organization headquartered in Germany that aims to reduce hunger and poverty. It has its ETH/SOM Regional Office in Addis and a Programme Office in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing development projects in Somaliland since 2001. Multi-sectoral projects have been implemented in the Awdal, Marodijeh, Togdheer & Sanaag Regions for the past 18 years.
Under the supervisor of Administration Officer, ensures the security and safety of WHH office, assets and staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Guard
- Protect the overall security of the office.
- Screen and organize entries and exit, movements of people inside and outside the base day and night.
- Check the identity of visitors, register IN and OUT, give them visitor cards and inform the admin for any appointments for further checking.
- Register WHH vehicles and ensure drivers obtained the gate pass in accordance with WHH office protocol.
- Watch over the security of the premises and office assets.
- Report on weekly and even any urgent issues about the security status to supervisors.
- Watch over the security of the equipment.
- Contribute towards collecting information on the security situation and transmit all information on the security situation to the supervisor.
- Be present and on full alert during all hours of duty.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported to the security supervisor immediately.
- Making sure that doors, windows are probably closed after the closure of working hours.
- Ensure that all electric office devices including lights are switched off.
- Switching on security lambs at night.
- Carry out any other task as assigned by the direct supervisor.
High school certificate or intermediate school.
Professional experience and skills:
- At least three years’ work experiences in a similar position.
- Basic command of the English language.
- Gardening experience is also preferable.
- Good communication skills.
- A well-kept outer appearance and cultivated manners.
- Team oriented.
- Capability to work in a multi-cultural team/environment
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications and updated CVs with three updated references either by email or hand to Hargeisa office near Djibouti consulate at 5: 00 pm, on 23rd of May 2019. All applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com