The Kenyan Government on Sunday conveyed its message of solidarity with Somaliland following a fire accident in a popular market in the country’s capital city.
“The Government and the people of Kenya stand in solidarity with the people of Somaliland and extend sympathies to the victims and families of the injured,” MFA said in a statement
The Ministry noted that Kenya and Somaliland share a common heritage and strong bonds of friendship.
And as the Horn of Africa nation embarks on a rebuilding process, MFA gave an assurance that Kenya will offer its unwavering support and cooperation.
“We wish you well as you look forward to reconstructing and restoring the lifeline of the people of Hargeisa. We assure you of our support and solidarity in this time of tragedy.” The Foreign Affairs Ministry said.
Kenya stand in solidarity with the people of Somaliland. pic.twitter.com/jV8yTVr2uZ
— ForeignAffairsKenya (@ForeignOfficeKE) April 3, 2022
The SL people are devastated by the destruction caused by #HargeisaMarketFire.
We are grateful for everything you have done to show your support and solidarity. https://t.co/Mseu7aVQUK
— MFA Somaliland (@somalilandmfa) April 3, 2022
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders