Somali Special Presidential Envoy for Somaliland Talks Abdikarim Hussein Guled met with Djibouti President Ismail Omar Guelleh on Sunday to discuss the upcoming round of talks between the Federal Republic of Somalia and Somaliland.
Guled’s trip to Djibouti is part of a regional tour to garner political support for the talks.
“I have made it my moral duty to start my tour of the region here in Djibouti,” Guled said after the meeting. “This is because of the substantial support that the Republic of Djibouti, under the enlightened leadership of President Guelleh, constantly brings to the peace and stability of the peoples of this part of the world.”
“The relevance of the ideas and advice received from the President of Djibouti is commensurate with the significant expertise he possesses in the conduct of peace, consensus, and reconciliation missions,” Guled said.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region