Hussein Guleid had everything many Somalis dream of A US passport and a promising career in the American health sector.
But a trip to the land of his parents in 2016 changed everything.
In Somaliland, he discovered a peaceful country full of opportunity. He started a thriving business there and never looked back.
- Duration 03:17 mins.
- Author Dawood Hassan
- Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/323xL
- Program The 77 Percent
The 77 Percent
77 percent of Africans are younger than 35. Those 77 percent can shape the continent’s future. We join African youths as they share their stories, their dreams, and their challenges. Are you part of the 77 percent?
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region