The International Investment Consortium (IIC) of Malaysia is seeking to take Malaysian investors to Somaliland.
The IIC says there is so much opportunity in Somaliland which Malaysian businessmen can tap into and help create employment in Somaliland to build its economy.
Be the first to know – Follow us on @Saxafi
IIC Chairman Dato’ Arshad during a meeting with the Somaliland ambassador to Kenya Bashe Omar in Nairobi said Somaliland has great potential to become one of the economic powerhouses in East Africa.
“There is so much that is yet to be tapped in Somaliland from the energy sector to the agricultural sector,” stated Dato’ Arshad.
“The International Investment Consortium (IIC) of Malaysia is an organization that aims to bring about economic development through various initiatives. Its primary focus is to address the future needs of the world,” said the IIC boss adding that Somaliland is part of their focus.
“We are looking at investments in the infrastructure and bringing Malaysian companies to Somaliland,” He said.
IIC has set a goal in narrowing the gap between the rich and the poor in the communities by working with and productively use of the land and other natural resources.
Ambassador Bashe said Somaliland is ready to work with the IIC to better the lives of the citizenry.
“We welcome IIC to Somaliland. We believe they can play a crucial role in improving the lives of our people and at the same time creating opportunities for our youth,” Bashe said.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders