The Taiwan Representative Office in Somaliland commemorated the one-year anniversary of the establishment of the Somaliland Innovation Zone on Tuesday (Oct. 25).
The event was organized in collaboration with the Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund, the Taiwan Technical Mission in Somaliland, and the Somaliland Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.
Taiwan envoy to Somaliland Allen C. Lou, Taiwan Technical Mission head Hsue Hsuan-ping, and Minister of Information and Communication Technology Dr. Abdiweli Soufi all attended the ceremony.
Lou said the zone has arranged 20 workshops for more than 500 officials from Somaliland’s 15 government ministries, including those catering to women, law enforcement officers, and the disabled. The zone will continue to serve as a hub of ICT training for government officials, he said.
The representative said he firmly believes that Taiwan and Somaliland’s ICT cooperation is bearing more fruit.
The Somaliland Innovation Zone is expected to benefit at least 200 learners each year, according to a Taipei Office in Nigeria press release.
Training sessions will initially teach basic office computer skills and later teach programming, digital marketing, and cybersecurity, the office said.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders