Somaliland, long seen as a haven of stability in a troubled region, is facing increasing unrest as fighting continues around the town of Las Anod between the Republic of Somaliland’s army and militias loyal to Somalia and backed by al-Shabaab fighters.
The clan militias want a return to the Mogadishu fold and the transformation of three regions around Las Anod – Sool, Sanaag, and Cayn, known by the acronym SSC.
About Africa Intelligence
Africa Intelligence publishes daily exclusive information essential to understanding the local and regional challenges the continent faces today.
In April 2020, after nearly 40 years of reporting, Africa Intelligence became a daily publication to better reflect the fast and complex developments taking place on the continent. This change saw a joining of the site’s five long-standing newsletters: West Africa Newsletter, The Indian Ocean Newsletter, Maghreb Confidential, Africa Energy Intelligence, and Africa Mining Intelligence.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada