Are you ready to open your hearts + ears to the Canadian pop duo known as FAARROW? You are!
Well, that is exciting to note since the Hashi Sisters, Iman and Siham, are unveiling their autobiographical EP, Lost, with us here exclusively at Okayplayer. The Somali-born singing tandem have already released a cut from Lost in the form of the title cut, “Lost,” and after that, “Shut Up,” which was produced by Elijah Kelley, features Zac Efron and is totally worth pressing play on.
Released by Warner Bro. Records, Lost is a six-song effort that frames the Hashi Sisters on center stage. If you’re unfamiliar with their story, this album will serve as the de facto road map which chronicles their journey from Mogadishu to Toronto to Los Angeles. The first female artists of Somali-descent to sign a record deal with a major U.S. label has placed every ounce of passion into Lost, packaged it up and plan on releasing it to the masses this Friday, July 15th.
With a sound evolved into a drum heavy fusion of pop, world, hip-hop and funk, the Lost EP pays tribute to their influences such as Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Spice Girls and Mariah Carey. We’re honored to unleash this powerful bit of performance art from “faith” (Iman) and “arrow” (Siham) for you on this day. Press play on Lost from the creators of the non-profit organization Somalia Lives Again below, and stay tuned to learn more about this philanthropic duo by reading our First Look Friday interview with FAARROW tomorrow, Friday, July 15th.
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- “Otherwise We’ll Have To Go To War”: Somaliland Demands Recognition 26 Years On
- Somaliland Listed As UAE’s Biggest FDI Recipient
- Jamila Osman Crowned African Poetry Prize Winner
- DP World Launches $442m Port Expansion In Somaliland
- African Borders Are Based On Land, Not On Clans