In partnership with EU CAP Nestor, Operation Atalanta warship, FGS Erfurt, carried out maritime training with the Somaliland Coast Guard in the Gulf of Aden.
During the two days of training, representatives from the Somaliland Coast Guard were hosted on board FGS Erfurt and provided with maritime and first aid training by the German sailors.
The first day consisted of first aid training, including the treatment of burns, smoke inhalation and fractures, with day two focusing on fire-fighting and damage control.
The lead training officer on board FGS Erfurt, Chief Petty Officer Juliane, thanked the Somaliland Coast Guard for their participation in the training, and said; “It was a very important opportunity for both sides. The Somaliland Coast Guard was keen to learn, with joint training such as this helping to strengthen their maritime safety and security capabilities.”
Read more at: http://eunavfor.eu/operation-atalanta-german-warship-fgs-erfurt-trains-with-somaliland-coast-guard/
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region