Have you ever heard of Somaliland?! I am absolutely SHOCKED by how amazing this place is. I never expected this!!! It truly deserves International recognition.
Since 1991, my birth year, Somaliland has been a self-declared region of Somalia and has been seeking international independence since then (which it truly deserves to get). They have their own government, passport, legislator, currency, flag, military, and I even had to get a separate Somaliland visa to get inside.
Somaliland strikes a drastic contrast with its neighbor as a land of peace, democratic stability and safety.
I am not just saying this to sound cool, or for the video’s sake, but SOMALILAND IS THE SAFEST I’VE FELT OVER THE LAST 2 MONTHS IN AFRICA. By a long shot. I can walk the streets freely at night without worrying about a thing. I have not felt pressure, once, from people trying to scam me. Everyone is so friendly, honest, and welcoming. It’s also very cheap, which is a breath of fresh air for me.
This video accurately displays my thoughts and first impressions of Somaliland — I can’t wait to explore more around this country all week long!
Thank you to my friends at Damal Hotel in Hargeisa for the incredible hospitality!
Music: Epidemic Sound
FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drewbinsky/ (I post daily videos there!)
MORE ABOUT ME:
CONTACT ME: drew (at) drewbinsky (dot) com
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region