Cave paintings have been found at Shimuhshimuh north of Erigavo. The paintings were found by Jama Dabhaan and colleagues in 2010 but have been declared now after the photos taken were recovered.
Other places at the Guban area north of Shimuhshimuh have also some of the oldest painting of dinosaurs in the Horn of Africa. The paintings of dinosaurs are the first to be found in Somaliland.
Shimuhshimuh is a location close to Surad, which is the highest mountain in Somaliland and Somalia. It is an agricultural land surrounded by highlands, according to Jama Dabhaan.
Medeshi has requested for more photos from the location and further details through interviews with the elders of Shimuhshimuh and will update this article continuously.
Jama Dabhaan is a British citizen of Somaliland origin and has farms in Shimuhshimuh.
- Dahabshiil’s Golden Jubilee: Celebrating Years Of Excellence With UK HQ Inauguration
- Unleashing Somaliland’s Crucial Role In Resolving The Red Sea Crisis
- A Closer Look At Somaliland’s Pledge To Ensure Airspace Integrity
- The Legacy Of Ali Mazrui And The Fate Of Somaliland
- British Somaliland And Sokotra (Socotra)
- Money Sold In Kilograms At A Unique Market In Somaliland