Sahra Halgan defied social norms aged 13 when she started singing in public in the Somaliland capital Hargeisa. She’s gone on to become the only Somalilander to have an international career, using her voice to appeal to the international community to acknowledge her country and its four million people.
Somaliland is a small self-proclaimed state on the southern part of the Gulf of Eden. It broke away from Somalia in 1991 after years of bloody civil war but has never been recognized.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region