Somaliland-Somalia agreed not to politicize development assistance and investment according to a communique issued by the host country on day one of the Somaliland-Somalia talks in Djibouti.
According to the communique, the two parts also agreed to form technical committees comprised of members of the two delegations to resume talks between Somaliland-Somalia in Djibouti tomorrow.
Here is the full communique issued by the Djibouti Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation:
Be the first to know – Follow us on [wp-svg-icons icon=”twitter-2″ wrap=”i”] @Saxafi
Upon the initiative of H.E Ismail Omar Guelleh, the President of the Republic of Djibouti, and the leaders of the region:
- E Abiy Ahmed Ali, Prime Minister of Ethiopia,
- E Mohamed Abdillahi Mohamed Farmajo, President of Somalia,
- E Moussa Bihi Abdi, President of Somaliland,
Held a consultative summit meeting in Djibouti on June, 14th 2020, in order to help the two leaders from Somaliland-Somalia to resume dialogue on the relationships between the two countries.
The leaders recognize the importance of Djibouti’s role in peacebuilding and peacemaking in the region.
Prior to this historic event, several rounds of negotiations were undertaken in the past with little progress.
The President of Somalia and the President of Somaliland have come to an understanding that a technical committee comprised of members of the two delegations will resume the talks between the two sides and also follow up on the pending issues already agreed upon.
The two parties agreed not to politicize development assistance and investment.
The summit proposed Djibouti as the venue of these technical meetings.
It is paramount that the two people’s interests remain at the center of the process.
The summit urges all regional, continental and international organizations to bring their support to this process.
- Time For Rebirth Is Now – Guelleh Declares At Somaliland And Somalia Summit In Djibouti
- President Bihi’s Full Remarks At The Consultation Summit On Talks Between Somaliland And Somalia
- Somaliland-Somalia Talks Officially Opened In Djibouti
- Somaliland, Somalia Hold Talks – Agence France-Presse (AFP)
- Somaliland And Somalia Dialogue To Resume In Djibouti
- TCAS Incident Highlights Ongoing Issues In Somaliland And Somalia Airspace
- 3 Emirati Soldiers, One Bahraini Officer Killed In Attack In Somalia
- Implementing Ethio-Somaliland MoU Crucial To Bolster Regional Development, Security: HPR Standing Committee Chair
- Brexit Britain Edging Closer To Surprise Diplomatic Move To Help End Houthi Red Sea Crisis
- Eliot Wilson: Recognize Somaliland As An Independent Nation
- Joe Biden Pushed To Follow UK Lead In Recognizing Somaliland, An Essential Ally In Red Sea Houthi Crisis