Modern medicine can work wonders, but sometimes you just don’t feel like taking a pill for a simple headache – or the pills don’t work at all. When this happens, where do you go?
Alternative medicine practitioners suggest turning to acupressure – technique based on applying pressure to certain points on the body. According to specialists, one of these spots, known as the LV 3 point, is a powerful health booster.
LV 3 stands for Liver 3 because it’s connected to the liver meridian, which in turn connects to numerous body parts. It’s located near the metatarsal bones in the foot (see image below) and it can influence your body in a number of ways…
1. Stress relief.
Massaging the LV 3 point can raise your concentration and clarity of thought, relieve fatigue and lower stress levels.
2. Pain relief.
Since LV 3 is connected to the lower back, it can be a great source of pain relief, especially for period cramps. It is also said to help with headaches and eye problems.
3. Digestion booster.
LV 3 can help with upset stomach and indigestion, and even cure nausea caused by hangovers. Some suggest it can also aid the slimming process.
Studies suggest that LV 3 can also help fight anxiety and depression, possibly by means of relieving stress and curing insomnia.
5. Aid for people suffering from Parkinson’s disease.
This involves acupuncture rather than acupressure, but LV 3 has been used to fight tremors in patients with Parkinson’s disease.
In order to locate the LV 3 spot on your foot, first locate the area between your big toe and your index toe, then move downwards. The point should be two fingers’ width lower, just near the protruding bone. If you’ve found a slight depression in your foot – that’s it, you’ve located the spot. Massage this area gently a few times every day.
Acupressure, however, comes with a warning. It may have unexpected consequences, so caution should be exercised. Avoid this practice if you are pregnant, suffering from varicose veins or rheumatoid arthritis. In case you have heart disease or cancer, consult your doctor before trying acupressure. As to acupuncture, it should be only exercised by licensed professionals. Don’t experiment on yourself!
- TCAS Incident Highlights Ongoing Issues In Somaliland And Somalia Airspace
- 3 Emirati Soldiers, One Bahraini Officer Killed In Attack In Somalia
- Implementing Ethio-Somaliland MoU Crucial To Bolster Regional Development, Security: HPR Standing Committee Chair
- Brexit Britain Edging Closer To Surprise Diplomatic Move To Help End Houthi Red Sea Crisis
- Eliot Wilson: Recognize Somaliland As An Independent Nation
- Joe Biden Pushed To Follow UK Lead In Recognizing Somaliland, An Essential Ally In Red Sea Houthi Crisis