On March 1st EUCAP Nestor, the European Union Maritime Capacity Building Mission to Somalia, will be renamed “EUCAP Somalia”, the EU Capacity Building Mission in Somalia.
A Council decision published on December 12th2016 in the Official Journal of the European Union, states in article 1, EUCAP Somalia has been established as a Capacity Building Mission in Somalia.
The operational “switch-over” to the new Mission’s name is now taking place.
For the occasion, a redesign of the Mission’s Website has been launched under www.eucap-som.eu
All past content from www.eucap-nestor.eu has been migrated and will be accessible on the new site.
EUCAP Somalia operates under a new, broadened civilian maritime security mandate.
With an active presence in Mogadishu, Hargeisa (Somaliland) and Garowe (Puntland), EUCAP Somalia works to strengthen Somali capacity to ensure maritime security, carry out fisheries inspection and enforcement, ensure maritime search and rescue, counter smuggling, fight piracy and police the coastal zone on land and at sea.
EUCAP Somalia is a civilian EU mission, under the auspices of the Common Security and Defense Policy, which assists Somalia in strengthening its capacity to ensure maritime security.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region