Somaliland pins hope that its democratic credentials will help distinguish it from the nation, it is still technically part of.
By Bastien Renoui
Somaliland’s been trying to win international recognition ever since it declared its independence from Somalia in 1991.
But Somaliland’s elections haven’t been smooth sailing.
France 24‘s Bastien Renouil has more.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region