MAG Vacancy: Logistics Officer – The Republic of Somaliland
The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) undertaking humanitarian mine action across the world. MAG is operational in Somaliland to contribute to safe social and economic development at the national, regional and local levels by reducing the risk presented by explosive remnants of war.
MAG is seeking applications for a Logistics Officer who will be based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
In close collaboration with the Base Manager, International Construction Manager, and National Construction Manager, the Logistics Officer will provide logistics and administrative support for MAG operations, including management of procurement, inventory, equipment maintenance, storage, fleet management, distribution and premises management at the MAG Somaliland base.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Logistics Support and Liaison
- Be responsible for the procurement of materials to the required specifications.
- Overall responsibility for the transportation of the goods for the MAG operations coming in or going out of Hargeisa, Somaliland.
- Provide logistics support to the field locations on regular basis in coordination with BM, ensuring all logistics procedures are followed including proper and effective use of stock management tools, warehouse management and maintenance of MAG equipment is being implemented by the staff.
- Take initiative to develop internal systems, including amending existing policies and procedures for improved management and oversight in consultation with CD and TFM-TL.
- Coordinate with the Country Director and TFM-TL to ensure that all requests from Government line ministries are attended to in an accurate and timely manner when the need arises.
- Ensure asset registers are updated and send to the Finance Manager on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring assets are correctly assigned and registered before issuing to the field use.
- Be responsible for either direct procurement of items as may be directed by the concerned manager.
- Maintain procurement database and ensure procurement paperwork is complete and that all approvals have been obtained before purchases are made.
- Maintain workshop, office inventory database and existing complete information system that produce reports and provides accountability for inventory management, replacement, transportation, procurement, disposal and total control of every aspect of handling, storage, and workshop operations.
Fleet and Staff Management
- Generate vehicle fuel consumption report in coordination with BM
- Monitor the utilization of field vehicles to ensure adequate assets are being deployed to meet MAG operational requirements.
- Ensure prompt request for fuelling of vehicles in a timely manner, report to BM in case of vehicle malfunction or repair needs.
- Assist in the induction process of new MAG operational staff.
- Be accountable for producing workshop consumption and production reports and submit to ICM and BM when requested.
- Monitor inventory and weekly consumption of welding supplies to ensure accountability.
- Be the focal person for all movement of supplies and management of storage and consumption of the supplies in the workshop.
- Asset management for the program in consultation with BM who have overall responsibility for all assets held at his base.
- Responsible for ensuring all MAG assets have a code which will be verified with FM.
- Report on damages and repairs if any of the assets.
- Follow through on collection, distribution, and issuance of MAG assets to users and update asset inventory ensuring the BM and FM are fully aware of all movements of equipment
- Any other duties that may be required to be performed by the Senior Management Team.
- Proven experience in stocks and equipment management.
- Experience in purchases management and proven negotiation ability.
- Proven experience in vehicle and machinery management and maintenance.
- Premises management experience
- University Degree in Logistics or other appropriate qualifications with experience in similar role.
- Fluency in English is desirable.
- Competencies in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter in English explaining his/her experience in relation to the requirements of the role, together with details of three non-related referees via email: email to firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Post applied for” in the subject line).
Deadline: 29th Feb 2016.
We thank all applicants, but only those short-listed will be contacted. This post is on a renewable contract basis, subject to donor funding. MAG is an equal opportunities employer and highly encourages all appropriately qualified persons to apply. Any applications submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa