The SOAS-Royal Geographical Society (With IBG) Scholarship
Deadline: 5 March 2018
There is one SOAS-Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) Scholarship, valued at £18,000 plus a 50% fee waiver provided by SOAS. The remaining 50% of tuition fees will be deducted from the award with the leftover balance being used for maintenance.Additionally, International Students’ House (ISH) will provide accommodation in central London plus a small contribution in food vouchers (breakfast) at ISH. The award is for one year only.
The award is for any MSc in the Development Studies department; with a dissertation topic related to development issues in Somaliland – as presented in the existing Migrants on the Margins research project at SOAS, (funded by the RGS-IBG), under the supervision of Dr. Laura Hammond.
For further information regarding the dissertation topic, Migrants on the Margins, please contact Dr. Laura Hammond on email@example.com
For general inquiries about the scholarship application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must possess a good honors degree from a UK university or an equivalent institution recognized by SOAS.
- Applicants must ordinarily reside in Somaliland OR have a demonstrable knowledge of the development of Somaliland.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time MSc in the Development Studies Department; with a dissertation topic related to development issues in Somaliland – as presented in the existing Migrants on the Margins research project at SOAS, (funded by the RGS-IBG), under the supervision of Dr. Laura Hammond. Applicants must have the offer by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible, but no later than 1 June 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your online application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received by no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 5 March 2018.
- You must also submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship application deadline (that is, 22 January 2018).Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late of incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme by 22 January 2018
You must submit a COMPLETE online application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme, within the eligible programmes listed above, at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, 22 January 2018).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK local time) on 5 March 2018.
You must apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form HERE.
For inquiries, please contact the Scholarships Department:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa