The President of Republic of Somaliland;
H.E. Ahmed Mohamed (Sillanyo)
In The Name of ALLAH, the Most Merciful Most Magnificent;
We are utterly disturbed by the reports and scenes of inhuman treatment of the Rohingya community by the Myanmar security forces. We urge Myanmar government to stop the horrendous violence and the ethnic, and religious cleansing against the Rohingya civilians, and to allow humanitarian assistance to reach those who need it so desperately.
We urge the international community, particularly the UN, to act to stop the genocidal campaign waged against the Rohingya people in Myanmar.
H.E. Ahmed Mohamed Sillanyo,
The President of the Republic of Somaliland
Released by: the Presidential Press, Communications and Spokesman’s Office,
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region