Somaliland’s Vice President Abdirahman Saylici confirmed on Monday he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
“I would like to inform the people of Somaliland that I have been dealing with COVID-19 for the last three days,” said Saylici on Twitter.
He also urged the people in Somaliland to follow the instructions of Health Ministry.
Deputy Health Minister Mahdi Osman and Minister of Finance Saad Ali Shire have also tested positive for the coronavirus, according to local media.
Waxaan shacbiga Somaliland la socodsiinayaa in aan la tacaalayay saddexdii cisho ee u danbeysay Xanuunka COVID-19, bulshada waxaan ku boorrinayaa in ay raacaan tilmaamaha Wasaaradda Caafimaadka, aniga iyo inta xanuusanna noo soo duceeyaan. pic.twitter.com/uigNwjaYmh
— VP Abdirahman Saylici (@VPsomaliland) March 15, 2021
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region