Hon Yassin Haji Mahmud Hir “Faratoon”, Minister of Education and Higher Learning speaking to reporters at the National Examination council headquarters said, “The Ministry of Education today started conducting national written examinations for primary eighth grade and four forms students in all regions of the country.
“The examinations are well arranged and we have urged the students to be calm and told them that they shouldn’t worry about anything. All they need to do is to relax and to be very peaceful during the examination period.” He said.
The Education minister further wished the students success in their examinations.
This is the first time in the history of Somaliland that Hargeisa Technical School students will be sitting for the national exams.
The chairman of the Somaliland National Examination Office, Mr. Farah, has announced the number of students taking this year.
Mr. Daud Ahmed Farah, the Chairman of Somaliland Nat-Examination Council speaking to reporters at the National Examination council headquarters said, “From today (06/30/2018) at 8:00 Am a total of 28,187 candidates have begun sitting the Somaliland Certificate of Primary Education and Secondary examinations nationwide for a duration of 6 days.
He further added, “Out of the candidates sitting the exams, 18256 are primary school students will do their exams in 524 different examination centers and while 9931 secondary school students will sit their exams in 121 different examination centers around the country and will be supervised by 4000 personnel.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa