Champions League Draw
Here’s the final Champions League group stage draw:
Luka Modric wins Uefa’s Men’s Player of the Year award to secure Real Madrid clean sweep at Champions League draw.
Luka Modric was named Uefa‘s men’s player of the season while Wolfsburg’s Pernille Harder won the women’s player of the year award at the star-studded event held in the Grimaldi Forum, Monaco.
Thirteen-time European champions Real Madrid swept the individual positional prizes too, with the since-deposed Keylor Navas picking up goalkeeper of the year, captain Sergio Ramos named defender of the year and Modric, who received the overall prize from Uefa president Alexander Ceferin, unsurprisingly winning the midfielder award.
Modric helped Madrid to the Champions League but also was a key part of Croatia reaching the World Cup final in Russia.
But he was beaten to the top gong by former teammate Modric, who proved pivotal in Madrid’s successful European campaign and, though it was a Fifa-ran tournament, helped guide Croatia to the World Cup final where they were beaten at the final hurdle by France.
Modric watched on as defending champions Real Madrid were drawn in Group G of the Champions League group stage draw, alongside Italian side Roma, Russian Premier League outfit CSKA Moscow and the Czech Republic’s Viktoria Plzen.
San Jose Earthquakes defender Guram Kashia won the inaugural #EqualGame award for his work promoting equality.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa