Bahir Dar, Ethiopia, November 10, 2018 – Ethiopian Prime Minister Dr. Abiy Ahmed indicated that the Horn of Africa will have one president “The New Horn” instead of three in a speech after the inauguration of the Tibebe Ghion Specialized Hospital in the City of Bahir Dar with Eritrean and Somalia presidents today.
They also visited a university and various development projects including irrigation projects and agro-industry park in the Amhara regional state.
The Ethiopian PM hasn’t specified when the region will have a “united” president other than saying “in the future”.
Yesterday, Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki and Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed “Farmajo” arrived in the northern Ethiopian city of Gondar – where Isaias’s grandfather is buried – for the summit with their Ethiopian counterpart to cement the Asmara Agreement of the economic and political integration of the Horn of Africa.
The Somali president told officials during a speech in Gondar that “the history of the Horn of Africa has changed”.
“Now we are moving for regional collaboration in economic development in order to be sure that we fight poverty in this region,” he added.
Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki and President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo of Somalia have concluded their visit to Ethiopia today.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region