A shooting at a Quebec City mosque Sunday night has left five people dead and others wounded.
It occurred at the Center Culturel Islamique de Quebec, the mosque’s president told media.
Earlier, a witness told Reuters that up to three gunmen fired on about 40 people inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center.
Not many details are known at this time, but it appears police are currently searching for the suspect and many highways are closed.
The Center, which is located in the Sainte-Foy neighborhood of Quebec City, was also the target of vandalism last summer when a pig’s head was delivered to it during Ramadan.
With files from Reuters
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa