Addis Ababa, January 16, 2018 – Muse Bihi Abdi President of Somaliland, has arrived in Addis Ababa today for a two-day official visit.
Foreign Minister, Workneh Gebeyehu has welcomed Abdi who won the election in November 2017, upon his arrival at the Bole International Airport.
The president said that his visit will strengthen the long and historical relationship between Ethiopia and Somaliland.
He pointed out that Somaliland is eager to see a stable and prosperous region. “Somaliland is keen in maintaining peace and stability in the Horn of Africa and to work towards prosperity and good relations within the Horn of Africa”.
In this regard, he appreciated the role that Ethiopia has been playing. “Ethiopia is a country with a long history and the African continent is proud of that tradition and history.”
Foreign Minister Workeneh Gebeyehu noted the strong ties between Ethiopia and Somaliland.
He added that they have a number of opportunities in enhancing cooperation. “The geographical location of Somaliland is one which is useful for both of us to strengthen our collaboration and work on enhancing it in the future.”
During his stay in Addis Ababa, the president is expected to meet with Prime Minister Hailemariam Dessalegn.
Various issues of common concern and bilateral cooperation including the issue of the port are among the agendas that Abdi will discuss with the Ethiopian Premier.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region