Seeking A Better Life: From London To Somaliland
Faisal Kiber used to be an estate agent in Wembley, now he is a camel herder: “Over there, I worried about the letters, council tax, electricity bills, water bills. [In London] you worry about daily life… here no one is going to send you letters!”
Despite the booming economy, the younger generation continues to leave, seduced by the idea of Europe they imagine through social media’s selective lens. The challenge for the country to convince its young to stay.
Jamal Osman is a reporter for Channel 4 News.
Jamal Osman is a multi-award winning journalist and filmmaker specializing in sub-Saharan Africa. He has been working with ITN/Channel 4 News since 2008. Jamal has scooped interviews with Somali pirates, the al-Qaeda-linked Islamist group, Al-Shabab, exposed the illegal trade in UN food aid and told the struggles of Somali athletes training for the Olympics.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region