Somaliland economy: International investments remain a challenge by FRANCE 24
Somaliland is a self-declared state in practice even though technically it’s still seen as being part of Somalia.
This lack of diplomatic recognition makes it difficult to keep development plans on track.
The country’s GDP is estimated to be about 3.5 billion euros, for around 5 million inhabitants, an extremely small sum.
Though Hargeisa insists it’s politically stable compared to its Somali and Ethiopian neighbors, attracting international investment is still difficult.
FRANCE 24‘s correspondent Bastien Renouil tells us more.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa