Nimco was seven when she was taken to Djibouti to be cut. In an unflinching interview, activist Nimco Ali takes James O’Brien on her incredible personal story, from fleeing her native Somaliland as a child refugee escaping civil war to finding her place on the FGM frontline, fighting to bring the practice to an end.
JOE (JOE.ie, JOE.co.uk) is a news website aimed at young men in the UK and Ireland with over 2 million unique monthly visitors per month. It is owned by Maximum Media. The original website www.joe.ie was founded by Irish entrepreneur Niall McGarry. Her.ie is a related website aimed at young women in Ireland. HerFamily.ie also forms part of the group.
We aim to give men something better than what we’ve been used to over the past few years of online publishing.
We’re the biggest premium male-focused publisher in the UK and are on course to be one of the biggest entertainment brands in the UK within the next year.
Do you have a video, an image or a great story that you think simply must appear on JOE and shared with a wider audience?
If so, please fill out the form here. We’d only be delighted to hear from you.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region