Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has been named EA Sports Premier League Player of the Season.
The 25-year-old has scored 31 goals in 35 appearances in the competition during his maiden campaign at Anfield, figures that see him lead the race for the Golden Boot ahead of Sunday’s season finale.
Be the first to know – Follow us on [wp-svg-icons icon=”twitter-2″ wrap=”i”] @Saxafi
And, after beating fellow nominees David de Gea (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Tarkowski (Burnley), Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling (both Manchester City) in an online vote, Salah has now been recognized as the Premier League’s star man for 2017-18.
Upon collecting the award at Melwood, the Egyptian said: “I’m very happy, it’s an honor to win this award.
“It was always in my mind to come back to the Premier League to show the people that say I didn’t succeed here the first time.”
Salah went on to pay tribute to manager Jürgen Klopp, who he believes has played a key part in his emergence as one of Europe’s premier goalscorers this season.
He added: “Before everything, we are friends, I like him a lot.
“He has helped me a lot to do what I’m doing now, on the field and off it, I have to thank him for everything he has done this year.
“But [there are] still two games, we have to think about that.
“I really, really respect him a lot and I’m sure we are going to do something special for the club this year.”
Salah becomes the third Liverpool player to secure the prize after fellow forwards Michael Owen and Luis Suarez.
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region