On Saturday, international football came to Peckham Town as Somaliland traveled to the Menace Arena to play an end of season charity friendly.
At half time the score was 0-0, but the greater fitness of the home team players shone through in second half, with the game ending 4-0 to Peckham, courtesy of two goals from Taurean Roberts, and one a-piece from Kamura Ogunkoya and Samuel Strong.
Commentary from this photo report comes from Duncan Hart and all photos are (c) Duncan Palmer who did an outstanding job.
The attendance was around 120, made up primarily of Dulwich Hamlet fans plus Somalis, interested members of local community and a spattering of Clapton, Streatham Rovers, St Pauli (actual Germans!) and non-league groundhoppers.
Alli Abdullahi was playing his first game in the middle of the park since being attacked in November.
Celebration video – https://twitter.com/MenaceUltras/status/861141336153567233
Photos were taken by Andrew Fleming – https://twitter.com/Andrew007Uk
Peckham Town FC
Location: The Menace Arena
37 Dulwich Common
Click here for location map
Chat about Peckham Town FC on the forums.
- Dahabshiil’s Golden Jubilee: Celebrating Years Of Excellence With UK HQ Inauguration
- Unleashing Somaliland’s Crucial Role In Resolving The Red Sea Crisis
- A Closer Look At Somaliland’s Pledge To Ensure Airspace Integrity
- The Legacy Of Ali Mazrui And The Fate Of Somaliland
- British Somaliland And Sokotra (Socotra)
- Money Sold In Kilograms At A Unique Market In Somaliland