London, UK – Kenya’s opposition leader and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga has indicated his support for the recognition of Somaliland.
Speaking at the British think tank, Chatham House, Saturday, July 30, 2016, on The Importance of Democracy in Africa, Odinga said he personally acknowledged the call for the recognition of Somaliland as an independent country.
“I myself a strong supporter of the recognition of #Somaliland… I think there is a very strong case,” said Odinga.
Source: The Chatham House
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of The Republic Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Is A Beacon Of Democracy In An Unstable Region