Dr. Edna Adan Ismail was present while Somaliland was a British Protectorate, as well as throughout its independence and unification with Somalia.
She is currently the president’s advisor on the country’s quest for recognition. Such occurrences are not a narrative for her, in contrast to the majority of Somalians and residents of Somaliland.
“We trusted ourselves to rebuild our country. We generate our own resources. We defend our country. We provide health, education, and social services for our people. We run a peaceful country where a woman like me can live free and safe. Because I live in Somaliland”
- The UNIQUE Case For The International Recognition Of Somaliland
- The World Can Learn From How Somaliland Overcame Militias
- Somaliland: The Little Country That Could By David Shinn
- Masuuliyiinta Xidh-Xidhan Iyo Dareemada Dhagarta Xambaarsan Ee Laga Soo Werinayo Dhinaca Madaxtooyada
- KOIGI: Acknowledge Somaliland To Cure Festering Wound On Africa
- Somaliland Declaration On The Origin Of African Borders